Tuesday, September 29, 2015

STEM: My Reflection


I find it interesting that STEM education is very important for elementary students. I always thought that STEM was something that was not required, but today it is being implemented within elementary students not just the high schoolers. I also agree that in order to become a strong STEM educators we have to change the lens through which we view our teaching practices. In the article, it states that we can simply integrate STEM learning by adding questioning vocabulary words such as design, experiment, and model. I learned that STEM learning is not just adding physics and robotics into the curriculum or exposing tools like iPads and apps to students, but it is critical-thinking learning which develops strong skills throughout students’ life. 

The link that I did my reflection on:
Credits: http://www.weareteachers.com/blogs/post/2015/04/03/stem-it%27s-elementary

No comments:

Post a Comment